Friday, May 29, 2009

It's the little things

That is what I have decided and that is how I am going to look at this whole process. Start out with the little things. I talked yesterday about how I was struggling to drink water. Well, today I had completed my 64 ounces by 4:30. Pretty good and it meant that I could have my diet coke with dinner tonight. I know it seems like a really small step but I also know that water is really good for me so I am trying...one step at a time.

I did discover today and yesterday that snacking on some sunflower seeds (the kind that are still in the shell did help a little bit with snacking. They take a lot time to eat and aren't many calories plus they have some of the good stuff in there for you. The only thing I didn't like was that they make your tongue hurt if you eat too many (salt), so I might try some nonsalted ones if I can find them. I will let you know as I go if I find any good secrets. Let me know what you guys have heard is good!

Another accomplishment was our Friday night pizza. Normally by the time we get it I am starving and will scarf down half of it (it is not that large) but today I knew it was coming and had an afternoon snack of carrots. I also ate a lot slower to try to eat less. It seemed to work because we still had pizza but I probably ate half of what I normally do. I am going to try really hard to not give up some of our weekend traditions like pizza and brunch. I sort of figure that if I am good all week and then splurge a little on the weekend it will still be better than eating crappy all week and then still splurging on the weekends.

I feel like every show I watched today was talking about healthy eating and dieting. I wonder if that was a coincidence or if I noticed it more because it was on my mind or what. Even Bill Mauer's guest tonight was a guy who wrote a book about food...apparently it is going to be a movie, and actually he seemed pretty cool so I may check the book out.

On to the weekend....hopefully it will go well and I will keep up with the water and it will be less of an effort soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment