Wednesday, December 16, 2009

A Plan

Ok, so I have been a little down about the whole weight loss effort lately. Sort of unmotivated to take the extra step and not really sure how to make my eating a little more strict so I can get those pounds off. Well, I think that I have come up with a plan. My biggest problem seems to be not planning. On the days where I do really well with all of my eating are the days when I have healthy snacks, have either leftovers from a healthy dinner the night before or sandwich ingredients that are high quality and healthy. So, with all this in mind, I have decided to do a little researching (through my own recipes and some on the internet) to get a list of "meals" which are acceptable and within the goals of points per meal that I have set up. I am hoping that if I make a list and make sure that I always have one of those meals on hand, that will make it a little easier to be strict for a little while. That way I still get a variety but I also can keep track of what I am eating. I sort of think of it like my own little "prepackaged" diet. HA! I also need to measure (I have a food scale) to make sure that I really am eating just a serving of whatever I am eating. I think that will also be key for me. The next step will be that I am also going to continue my workouts because I really do think that helps. It seems that the weeks where I do lose are the weeks where I do work out at least 3 times. I have also discovered that they tend to pair a high intensity class with a low intensity class at the gym (spin, then yoga or muscle pump, then step, etc) so I am considering doing 2 classes in a row a couple times a week to help jumpstart it all. It is two hours at the gym but it seems to go by pretty fast and I do sort of enjoy how I feel afterwards. Plus, I see the same people over and over so it is a potential for some new friends. The third item in my trifecta is to DRINK MY WATER. I know this is important to my body but I just fall off track. I am really going to try to get in my 8 cups a day.

So, that is the plan. It will start Jan 1st (though I am still not going nuts now with bad food...I am still eating healthy and trying to be as cautious as I can, but a couple cookies are sneaking in.) Hopefully this will help me to be more effective with Weight Watchers and will get my body a jump start. I clearly have figured out how to maintain, now to lose :-)

1 comment: