Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ramping up.....

Today was my official weigh in day so I weighed in. My weight was pretty much the same as it has been any other time that I was "up" for the week. I did take some time today to get some recipes together, get my coupons organized and write out some ideas for meals. I am trying to get as much planning done for meal ideas between now and New Year's as I can because that is my official restart date. I have some cookies to finish up but other than that, I really didn't eat that much junk this holiday.

I also bought a new espresso machine today...I am very excited about it because a latte with espresso will replace my morning chai latte which will save me about 140 calories every morning...that should add up after a while, right? ha, that is not the only thing I am cutting out, don't worry, but it is almost 1,000 calories a week saved!

I do DREAD going to the gym next week. I HATE the first 6 weeks of the year when all the NY's resolution people are in there crowding everything up and taking my spot in my classes. It sucks. I always felt that they should have special classes that only people who have been going to the gym regularly could go to, but I know that isn't really nice and fair and doesn't encourage others to get fit. Ugh, I just hate that everything takes twice as long to do as normal. At least they don't usually last very long!

2 comments:

  1. I also hate the new gym people. It funny/sad all at the same time.

    We've thought about an espresso machine a time or two, but I never could make up my mind. I make myself stay away from Starbucks, but I do miss it. I had a chai/eggnog latte from a place last week that was outstanding. Wish I could make a low calorie version of that at home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you can make a low calorie version of the eggnog one (using low fat eggnog) but probably not low enough for you. The espresso has 0 calories (like coffee) so you just have to count the calories of the milk and whatever else. They have sugar-free syrups with no calories that I use too so really it is like drinking a cup of milk but so much yummier. I LOVE my espresso machine and highly recommend it if you do decide to get one!

    ReplyDelete