Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weigh in

Today was my weigh in day so I got up and weighed this morning. I did gain .2lbs but I am actually pretty happy about that (not the gain but the fact that I pretty much maintained and at least I didn't gain a lot). I ate pretty well all week minus the one day that I had cheese fries (and a lot of them). I also had a beer almost every night because it was just that kind of week. I think that had I been able to work out more than twice or if I had been able to make it to my spin classes on Saturday like normal I would have done even better. I also found that walking on the treadmill is the perfect exercise for me on the road. If you do it at an incline then you burn almost as many calories in an hour as you do in a spin class but it seems less strenuous so i am more like to do it. The only days I didn't work out were the days when I didn't get back to the hotel until after 11.

This was the first trip that was longer than a couple of days where I ate like a vegetarian. After reading "eating animals" I just couldn't bear to support any form of factory farming which is where most chain restaurants (which is mostly what is in Florence) have. Since I couldn't eat meat I was a little worried that I would be hungry. I am happy report that baked potatoes are my best friend. The baked potato gets a bad rap (or potatoes in general due to them being a carb) but they are pretty low in calories and very filling. Plus, the skin has lots of good stuff for you in it and I love them. I mostly ate that and salad for lunches. Dinners I tried new things like minestrone soup, which I didn't think that I would like and then japanese veggies at the japanese steakhouse. I also snacked on trailmix between meals to help keep down the hunger (though it was barely a problem). Overall I was really proud of myself. I could definitely tell that my stomach got full faster than it used to so I still think that I am on the right path with my eating. It just takes time.

I am now home this week so the plan is to be really strict again to try to get off another pound or two before I go out of town again for a few days and have visitors here. Hopefully if I can lose when in town and maintain while on the road I will eventually get there :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment