Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weigh In

Well, as predicted, I did not lose this week. What was not predicted was the fact that I gained 1.6 lbs. I can't decide if it is was 1. a real gain but I don't feel like I hate over 4k more calories than I burned this week, 2. It is that week every month where no matter what I will weigh more or 3. whether my last two weigh ins were a little low because I had drank the night before and drinking dehydrates you. Whatever the reason, I was not too happy.

I have definitely learned that traveling is one of my trigger points to eat more than I should. Let's face it, even though the food might not make me FEEL so good, it is designed (by scientists) to taste good to me and it does. When I am out of town it is usually more stressful than when I am in town. I am not sure why this is but I find that I am a lot more tired, I am running around and time slips away from me. All this seems to contribute to me eating mainly when I am starving and have to take whatever is available instead of carefully planning it all out. So, in order to try to fix this, I am going to bring snacks for tomorrow with me on the road and then tomorrow night we are going to go to the grocery store to get snacks for the rest of he week. I am not sure exactly what I will get but the goal will be to keep me from getting to the point where I will eat more than I should. We have already picked out our restaurants and I know some of the food will be tempting, plus it is my first time trying to travel without eating meat. It will be quite a challenge.

The other thing for next week is to make sure I leave work at a decent time and go down to the hotel gym for an hour before dinner. I have already told my employee traveling with me that this was my plan and she wanted to join (she just had a baby) so I think that the plan might stick. I am just a little worried because I have to get up so early tomorrow and I am already worn out from last week.

Wish me luck :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment