Monday, January 11, 2010

D8RS

I am still feeling a little under the weather and really am having a hard time deciding whether I want to ride my bike tonight or whether I should wait until I am 100% (hopefully in the morning). I think that I am going to do it for an hour tomorrow instead to make up for not doing it tonight. I just am unmotivated and would hate to get sick again because of it.

So, while I am not able to workout, I have been thinking more about some other goals that I want to set for myself. The first goal is to find a way to utilize the gym without being a slave to the treadmill and without my classes. I will still use the credits that I am going to get for my classes (they are going to give us some credits but then charge $1 per class so I will have to cut down on the classes a bit) but after that I will need another way to use the gym without always being on a cardio machine.

Here is what I am thinking, I need a weight training schedule. I have used personal trainers before so I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of HOW to do most exercises (at least ones they would have women do) but I just don't have a good routine. I used this website before and I really liked it. I was lifting a little more at the time and so I did the Intermediate exercises here and I liked the pyramid idea. It didn't seem like it was as boring (and I can sometimes find weight training to be) and you didn't really need a partner (which I don't have). I thought that I had checked this website a few months ago and it was not free to get the workouts but when I just went to look to type this, they were free to print. Guess I will do that and then have a few to choose from. There are 4 weeks in the Intermediate and that will take me through a month and then I could start all over again. I guess I liked to check stuff off as I went and to see progress. Are you guys like that? Do you have a plan or a notebook when you workout or do you just wing it? I am learning that there are very few people in life who wing much of anything. Sure, the small things but it sort of seems to me that the healthy way to live (physically, emotionally, and mentally) is by making plans to help easy stress. I guess I just learned that.

Something else that is sort of new to me is eating just until I am satisfied. I guess technically it is not new because I have known that I should do it for a while but I just feel successful at it in the last few days. I am hoping to hone in on it even more but the way I started was by literally measuring out whatever a serving size was in the recipe I was making and eating only that. I have found that it is a lot smaller than I would have thought but that I am also satisfied (though not full) when I am done eating it. Sometimes I get hungry later but I have been trying to satisfy that with a healthy snack and so far, so good.

Hopefully this funk I have had will be done with after a goo night's sleep tonight and I can get back in my routine..most notably I want to be able to attend my two spin classes on Saturday and my one on Thursday...that alone is about 1500 calories for the week extra.

2 comments:

  1. I always plan out our workouts, but I've never written them down. I usually think about them the night before or while on the treadmill.

    I've found a new healthy yogurt that I LOVE. A Greek yogurt called Fage. I have to add a little sweetener to it, but it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I just read about Greek yogurt last night. Apparently you can make your own from regular yogurt but the jury is still out. I am not a huge fan of yogurt because of the funny aftertaste but I can do it with some granola or oats in it (much higher in calories and pts though). I might try again though because my tastebuds seem to change a bit.

    ReplyDelete