Monday, July 6, 2009

Progress is slow...

but it is my own fault. I had ice cream almost every day last week. I know, i know, but ever just crave something? I do and then I eat it for a while and then it is gone. I feel like since it will not be a permanent fixture and since I would crave it more if I didn't, then I should have it. Not the best way to lose weight per se, but I kept the portions small and I think that had I tried to avoid it then I would have ended up eating more actually calories trying to avoid it.

Other than that, I have been cooking a lot and even though the weight loss was not a lot this week, it was still some. I just finished reading In Defense of Food and it will really change your perspective on food. Since I have read it I have tried to really only eat fresh food. It hasn't been too difficult (and obviously ice cream is not all natural) so far. I am not sure I can do it completely and even if I did, I would have to eat out when I go out of town. I am going to do a full review on it a little later but I just wanted to post really quickly to say hi! I need to post more often but I just feel like I would be saying the same things over and over again. I guess that is the journey to get healthy though....and hence the title of the blog.

1 comment:

  1. I know when you travel you will have to eat out some, but have you thought about going to the grocery while there? When I traveled I got so tired of eating out that I started stopping at the grocery and getting fruit and a sandwich or cheese and crackers for dinner some nights. If you are in the same place for a few days you could probably even stop before work and pick up some stuff for breakfast/lunch and leave in the frige there - fruit/yogurt/cheese/etc. Basic, but a little less processed and added stuff then eating out.

    ReplyDelete