Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Crabby Update

Thanks for the encouragement guys. I did really well the last two days and I even think that I got in all my water yesterday (which was amazing since I had to have some diet coke to ward off the pollen headache....caffeine is the only thing that will help when I am already taking Claritin). Lots of liquid yesterday!! I also got in a run.

I think that the most important part of it all is that I feel really good because of all the water and the good food. I don't feel like I have eaten when not hungry (left food on my plate the past two nights at dinner which is unlike me normally) and I am trying not to stress about it all. I have a friend who gave great advice. She said that she used to really struggle with her weight and she was counting every calorie and working out like crazy. The scale didn't budge. Then she decided to take a more laid back approach and use some common sense and she has been able to shed some pounds. I think that I get so stressed about how to eat healthy when I travel that food is all I think about. I am not like that at home at all....sometimes I can skip meals or whatever but it feels like on the road I am always worried that there will not be a healthy option for me so I better plan, plan, plan. While I do think that some planning is good and necessary (so you don't find yourself in a bad situation with nothing good to eat), I think that I have become obsessed with it and it has become this sick game instead of just being a natural process of me eating to give my body the nutrients it needs. This week I have tried not to obsess about it as much and I do feel better....not sure if that will translate to a loss but even if it doesn't, it is better than stressing all week and being unhappy just to be further disappointed by a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment