Monday, April 5, 2010

Crabby

Today when I was on my plane thinking about what I was going to write today I had decided that I wasn't going to care at all this week how I ate. I am beyond frustrated that in the last couple weeks it seems like I eat really healthy and don't lose at all but the minute I put a fry or piece of chocolate in my mouth, 3 lbs go on. UGH. BUT. Somehow between this morning and lunch time I snapped out of it and realized that I was just being a big baby. There are any number of things that could have caused me to have an issue this past month and none of them will be solved by me feeling like crap from eating crap food. So, I am going to try a couple more things this week and see if it will help.

--WATER, WATER, WATER!!! I think that this is something that my body needs, and I say it all the time, I see results when I drink water...it is almost like if I don't drink water my body will hold onto every drop from the last month and I have been HORRIBLE about drinking water lately.
--gave up the Ceasar dressing (and salad). I usually order these because 1. I like them and 2. people think it is weird when you order a side salad but don't want the tomatoes and stuff. Well, these days are over (though I might consider ordered the ceasar salad but without the dressing because the lettuce is better for you than a side salad). I always got the dressing on the side but I probably still used too much so now I am ordering side salads with oil and vinegar.
--nothing but butter on my potato. I know, butter, horrible, right? Not really....if that is all I have. But, I used to do the whole "the works on the side thing" and then "dip" in each side. I don't think that my dipping was little enough so I am going to limit myself to butter...and not much of that.
--no more rolls!! I was doing so well at this for a while and then in March all hell broke lose but I am back in the game.

I am hoping that these few things will help to at least keep me from gaining weight, and who knows, maybe I will even be surprised with a little loss. I still have 4 weeks until vacation and even though I don't feel like 10lbs is realistic, I feel like I would be happy with about 5lbs...I am hoping for more but with the way my weigh ins are going, who knows!

Anyway, I know I have said a lot of this before but I guess for me I just have to really see what doesn't work before I can accept what does....hopefully this week will go well.

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling the same way. A week worth of running, working out, and eating healthy seem to get wiped out by one meal off on the weekends. Keep at it and good luck.

    ReplyDelete