Sunday, November 1, 2009

Day 88 - 2.6!!!!!

That is how many pounds I lost this week! YAY!!! Of course, it is just the 2 lbs that I gained on vacation but to get them plus a little gone 7 days after I returned I consider to be an accomplishment for me. What did I do different? Well, I ate every single meal at home for 6 straight days. That streak ended this weekend with Dudley here and we had Mexican (and a big beer) on Friday and then pizza and cheese dip while watching the Dawgs get their ass kicked by Florida and topped it off today with a grilled cheese at a restaurant. Oh, and Waffle House yesterday. That was a HUGE mistake...after eating nothing processed all week, Wafflhouse and hashbrowns was a BAD idea ...I felt like crap all day yesterday after that.

I went to the store today (and have to hit up the local one for the fresh stuff) and got lots of good stuff. I am now trying to find some crockpot recipes to make. I think that lunch is my challenge. I find it hard to eat stuff that isn't easy (read processed) for lunch. This past week I had a sandwich and mixed greens each day made with quality Boar's Head products and I think that it filled me up but yet wasn't really bad for me. I know I will get sick of sandwiches but I feel like soup could also fill that void or some other sort of thing I could throw in the crockpot then reheat in individual servings for lunch each day. If anyone out there (drena) has a good receipe, send it my way. Trying to stay away from processed stuff so I prefer fresh ingredients to other ones.

Anyway, I already started the water consumption and am doing pretty good today. I bought some coke today for C but didn't buy any diet for myself....baby steps!! I am just happy about the weight loss and I have one more week in town to lose a little more before going out of town for a week (including the Auburn game so I will have to save up some points for that one).

3 comments:

  1. Way to go. I'll get Kim to give me whatever she's got as far as recipes for a crock pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to make this one soon and probably won't make the tortilla strips:


    Ingredients

    * 1 pound chicken (you can put frozen and shred toward end of cook time)
    * 1 (15 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes
    * 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
    * 1 medium onion, chopped
    * 2 cloves garlic, minced
    * 1 (32 ounce) can chicken stock
    * 1 teaspoon cumin
    * 1 teaspoon chili powder
    * 1 teaspoon salt
    * 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    * 1 bay leaf
    * 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn
    * 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
    * 7 corn tortillas
    * vegetable oil
    * 1 can black beans drained
    * diced bell pepper
    * juice of 1 lime
    * Minced jalapeno if you would like more kick

    Directions

    1. Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, bell pepper, beans and garlic into a slow cooker. Pour in chicken stock, juice of lime, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
    2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
    3. Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet.
    4. Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.

    ReplyDelete