Sunday, August 23, 2009

.4

Not much but I will take it. I still am not sure how accurate that is though. My scale was still on the carpet and I moved it into the bathroom to weigh in but they first time I stepped on it, I was told that I lost 18 pounds. While I ate pretty well last week, 18 lbs in one week seems a bit extreme and sure enough, right after that I got an error. I let the scale sit and went back after a little while and it registered at .4 less than last week (and I did it three times to be sure). I am a little disappointed that it wasn't more but at the same time, my goal was just to not gain while I was on the road and that mission was accomplished. I still had to have Wendy's yesterday because we were busy all day and then I was hungry right then and needed to eat. To avoid that from happening again today when I ran my errands this morning I picked up some roast beef, locally grown potatoes and locally grown green beans and corn. I was able to get all the locally grown stuff at Kroger. I was pretty proud of Kroger and pretty happy that the items were on sale. It is part of my eating less processed food.

There is actually a new kind of Kroger here called Fresh Fare and they have a lot more local and fresh stuff. I guess since the Kroger I went to was close to the new one they decided to carry some of that stuff too. Of course Kroger is based out of Cinci so we should be able to get the good stuff here. I actually noticed that the green beans were not as perfect and the corn looked bigger than normal. I had often read that more locally grown items do not look as pretty but can be bigger. It is due to the fact that they don't use all the fast growing stuff to make them pretty but they also don't pick them premature to allow for traveling time. I am happy with both of those options.

So far the eating is going well today. I had a bigger breakfast with my latte, eggs, and a whole grain english muffin. Other than that, mostly fruit today and then I just told you about my dinner. I am not feeling well so I am a little worried about the travel I have this week but hopefully with some medicine and a good night's sleep I will feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment