Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 3 on WW

So, I have not been good at all about posting. I really need to be better about it.

It is week three for me on Weight Watchers, and I feel like it is going pretty well. I had to switch my weigh in days to Sundays since I have been traveling so much and I don't mind that much. It sort of helps me to split up the weekend a little bit, even though a week is a week. I tried to weigh myself on Sunday but my scale was on carpet due to renovations. That doesn't work well. I tried to move it to the bathroom but it kept giving me an error so I don't really know what my weight was. I did go over my points a bit for the week but not by as much as last week and I did work out 4 days last week so I am hoping I lost something at least. Hopefully this Sunday I will be able to weigh in again and hopefully the bathroom renovations will be done by then :-)

As for some tips that I have come up with to make things a little easier, here are a few. I try to keep things as normal as possible and I am still trying to use more natural and unprocessed foods (though it doesn't always work).

1. When I made zucchini the other day I replaced the whole 2 cups of sugar with honey. I did it because honey is less processed than sugar, but I will say that it was also more calories and it did give the bread a honey taste. I probably wouldn't replace it all again but I would try half and half next time.
2. I replaced the oil in the recipe with unsweetened applesauce. The recipe called for 1 cup of oil and that amounted to almost 2,000 calories and 220 grams of fat (granted, healthy fats but fat nonetheless) and I used a cup of applesauce for 50 calories and 1 gram of fat. I believe I will do this from now on because it didn't effect the bread at all.
3. I put my Reeses' buttercup minis in the freezer. Now when I crave some chocolate I will go and get one but it takes longer to eat because I have to suck on it for a while before it is soft enough. This keeps me from popping them quickly into my mouth.

Those are all the tips that I have now but I will continue to add them as I find ones that work. If anyone else has any tips let me know!

This week and next week are going to be a big challenge for me because I am on the road most of this week and all of next week. Traveling just makes it harder to find things that taste good and are ok for you to eat. Hopefully it will go ok. My goal is to maintain my weight on the weeks that I travel and to lose weight on the weeks that I don't. I will keep you guys updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment