Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day .5

I am starting the detox process today. I say Day .5 because I wasn't able to start after lunch. I am not actually going to seriously count this day but figured that I would do all the shopping and then start the process. Not sure how it is going to go but I am going to do it for 3 days at first and then see if I want to try to make it a week.

Basically the only things I can't eat are processed foods, dairy, and meat (plus no salt or butter, but I can use herbs, garlic, and olive oil). Right now I have some potatoes roasting in the oven with some olive oil and italian seasoning. I think that brown rice and potatoes are going to be key to this for me. They seem more filling than the fruit and veggies that I had for lunch but we will see.

I am also allowed to have unsalted nuts and popcorn but good luck finding that anywhere. I am going to try a health food store tomorrow but no luck at Kroger (either that or it was just too packed for me to look that long).

Other than that, the weigh in is tomorrow....not sure it will be good but at least I will be in town the next two weeks so I am going to make some progress there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment