Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 1 of Detox

I weighed in this morning and losts .8 lbs. Not a bad number considering I was on the road last week and I had Mexican (read as: huge bowls of cheese dip and chips) twice while traveling. That is right in line with healthy weight loss and it might take me a while to get to my goal weight but at least I know I can live that way and I am not doing something that I can't keep up.

So, today is my official day of Detox and I am not sure how it is going. I have a headache and I am sure it is because of the lack of caffeine this morning. Sad, but true. I have often read that the benefits of caffeine outweigh the negatives but it is part of the detox to not have any coffee, which I assume means espresso (which is what is in my lattes). It does say that you can have herbal teas so I am headed to the grocery soon to get some green tea or something to see if it will help the headache. Other than that, it has not been that bad. I can have fish so I think that I am going to attempt to cook some fish tonight...we will see.

I will update after the day is done what I ate today.

Update: Ok, it is 9:30 now so I am pretty confident that I am done eating for the day. Here is a run down and a recipe :-)

Breakfast: Bowl of grapes, peach, and 1/4 cup of unsalted nuts
Lunch: 1/4 cup of unsalted nuts, leftover potatoes from last night
Snack: 1/4 cup of unsalted nuts (I know, a lot of nuts)
Dinner: Halibut with lemon, garlic, and dill (see recipe below), brown rice plain, snap peas

Honestly, I was not really hungry throughout the day...Granted, all of this was eaten between 10am and 7pm so there weren't tons of hours to get hungry during but I will say that I felt more satisfied without ever feeling full. I am taking some of the brown rice to work tomorrow for lunch. The one thing that I have realized so far from this (other than the fact that I get a huge headache with no caffeine) is that I put salt on a lot of items. I am not too concerned about it since the amount of salt we get from table salt is really small in comparison to the salt in the processed foods we eat, but I really do miss it. I would have put it on the rice tonight and the potatoes. Pepper will have to do.

Halibut Recipe (halibut is pricey but this was good).

2 Halibut steaks
1 tablespoon dill (I used fresh from my garden)
1/2 Lemon (fresh)
1 clove of garlic (fresh)

Rinse and pat down the fish, cut up the lemon and squeeze it on the fish, chop up the dill and garlic and place that on there. Bake in the oven at 375 for about 20 mins....yummy!!

It was super easy and tasted good. The dill and lemon was strong but I like both of those flavors. If you don't you might want to sub in something.

2 comments:

  1. No salt is killing Kim and I. Before Kim moved in I didn't even own a shalt shaker, but evidently I had started putting salt on everything. We're using fake salt (I call it "falt") which is basically potassium. It looks like salt, but doesn't taste much like it.

    Halibut is a great fish, Kim loves it. We can never find it anywhere near us though. Good luck with the rest of the detox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the halibut at Kroger...they had frozen and fresh. It is pricey though...16.99/lb.

    You guys have found a lot of fake things...salt, bacon, what will be next? If you find some fake ice cream, let me know :-)

    ReplyDelete