Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A New Start

Sometimes I wonder how many times I will have a title like that. I am hoping that this is the last time for the foreseeable future or ever!!

I have decided that after gaining a few more pounds in the last few weeks that I need to start doing Weight Watchers. I have done it before on my own and I was successful with it. I think that after being at the beach and watching those around me I realized that I am not necessarily eating the wrong things but I am definitely eating too much of the right things (or semi right, I still had ice cream and candy). The last time I did WW I was able to better control the portions and for some odd reason it was like a little challenge every day (but more fun than just counting calories). For some reason I feel embarrassed to admit that I need to do this and to be on a "diet" in order to get in shape, but it is just reality. I tried on my own and it didn't work. I think that I like the Weight Watchers program because I can still have what i want (maybe less of it but still). I feel like it better enables me to treat myself without getting out of hand and it helps me to control the portions which is my biggest problem.

Yesterday was my first day and I did pretty well. I get 21 points a day and then 35 flex points a week plus any daily activity points I earn. I plan to put my stats at the bottom of each post to help keep me on track.

Also on the agenda is to drink more water! I realized that there were whole days last week where I had NO WATER. That is not good for you. I am not sure how I went from the days when I would drink 80 ozs a day and crave it to the days where I would drink NONE. Ridiculous!

8/3 stats:
Daily Points: 21
Activity Points: 4
Points Used: 27
Flex Points Left: 32
Water Consumed: 32 ozs

No comments:

Post a Comment