Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I can't believe it is yogurt...

Yogurt and I have never really gotten along very well. I don't particularly love the texture of it and it seems to have a funny aftertaste to me so I don't really eat it that much. However, with this new healthy kick and it being good for you and the fact that I saw a coupon in the paper on Sunday and then it was also on sale at the grocery, made me feel like it was a sign. So, I have decided to try it again. I don't really like the fruit flavors that much but I got the yoplait cinnamon roll and boston creme pie (you know those awful commercials..ugh). I had to think of something to deal with the whole texture issue (yes, I am a baby) so I was going to do granola but that is really fattening so I started thinking about other ideas and settled on oatmeal. SO, last night I had some boston creme pie yogurt with half a cup of oatmeal mixed in....it wasn't so bad. I had it for dinner last night because I wasn't that hungry and figured that the protein in the yogurt would be good for me after my spin class. It was pretty good for a 250 calorie dinner with good for you stuff in it. I might have to do it again. It also is a pretty good snack (depending on how many calories you want in your snack). The yogurt without the oatmeal was only 100 calories and probably much better for me than any 100 calorie pack I can think of :-) I will consider this a victory.

Other than that, I continue to drink the water and I seem to feel a difference (or it is all in my head, who knows). I made a rule that I can't have any diet soda for the day until I have had 64 ounces of water and for the last week I have stuck with it! I have also continued to chomp on sunflower seeds during the day but now my mouth hurts from the salt so I must find some that are not salted...anyone have any ideas on that one?

Next week is vacation and I am not going to kill myself on vacation. I will eat healthy as much as I can and just try not to gain any weight. Other than that I am going to enjoy myself while I am gone. Hopefully that will be enough.

Time to go get another bottle of water.....

No comments:

Post a Comment