Monday, June 15, 2009

Vacation was harder than I thought!

So, as you can see by the ticker, vacation didn't go as well and I had hoped that it would as far as eating goes. I will say that I did pretty well on the snacking and stuff (cause I was prepared) but it was really hard to find healthy things to eat in the national parks. It was a lot of burgers and sandwiches that you would think would be healthy but then it would come out with all this butter and stuff on it. I knew that I wasn't making the best choices but at the same time, we were walking A LOT and it was only 1 week into my plan so I didn't feel like I really had a good enough handle on it all to be really good on vacation. I am done with that now and I am moving on though. I am hoping that I didn't really gain all that weight back because sometimes when I fly it distorts my weight a bit. I know that is an excuse and notice that I still recorded the weight but I can still hope, right? I will be out of town for the next few days so I will not be able to weigh in again in the morning until next Monday.

One thing that I did think a lot about on vacation is the amount of processed food that our country (and I) consume. Nearly everything at the restaurants in the parks was processed or prepackaged or what not. It isn't good for us! I don't do that too much at home (except when I lazily use the lean cuisines at lunch) when I am cooking and making an effort so I think that I am going to try to incorporate that idea into my diet. I am going to try to really cut out a lot of the processed foods that I eat. I started thinking about it and I really do eat more that is processed than I thought I did. So, over the next few weeks (the next two being out of town) I am going to try to reduce the amount of processed food and really pay attention to what I am eating and what is and isn't processed. I plan on going to the grocery when I get back in a couple weeks and trying to find somewhere here that I can get some fresh food (I miss you Dekalb Farmer's Market). Hopefully the next two weeks will go better than the vacation week went. Plus, we need to have a break every now and again, right? If I only ate really bad for 4 weeks a year I would be in great shape overall. I also tend to think that as I get healthier I will automatically make better choices (at least that is what I hope).....here is to hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment