Thursday, June 4, 2009

Week 1

I am not quite finished with week one and I have already had a couple of hard times. Yesterday I did the whole ice cream thing..bad calories and ended pretty high for the day but not terrible....really....

Last night I had packed my little frozen pizza for lunch today to take to Craig's house. When I got to his house though Chloe was playing in my bag (it was unzipped) and I didn't want her to get out anything that would be bad for her so I zipped it up. Well, this morning when I went to get my clothes I realized that I had also forgotten to take out the pizza...oops. Not sure if those are still good. It was out of the freezer for 8 hours, but I am sure it took a while to thaw. Anyone have any idea? Anyway, that left me in a pinch for lunch today. I saw a sign for this store that I remember Craig and I going to once and it was sort of like Whole Foods on steriods so I decided to check that out. I even went to the healthy food section and started looking at some of their frozen pizzas and they were worse for you then the lean cuisine ones....hmmm. So, I decided to get the macaroni lean cuisine and I just ate it. Not too bad. I can't say that it has tons of nutrition in it but at least I am full without many calories.

I am going to try to stay away from frozen foods but they are sort of my version of fast food right now. I was so tempted to go by Wendy's or McDonald's or something today. I figured that the frozen food (and 300 calories) was much better for me than nuggets and fries. Baby steps. At least I don't have the urge to snack on everything in sight today. That is another baby step (or just a good day I guess).

I am going to skip the gym tonight. I have pretty much worked out every day since last Tuesday and I just feel like I need a little mini break. Plus, I walked a fair distance at the mall today so I am going to count that...and I have more errands to run tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I did a good 30 minute work out tonight that I think you would like. I'll forward it to you on email. I also cooked a pork loin in crock pot today that was easy recipe and it will last me several meals. Have you thought about that? Cooking and then taking leftovers for lunch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I take leftovers all the time for lunch....Craig doesn't eat them as much as I do so I end up eating them all for lunch. I had run out this week :-).

    Send the recipe and the workout!

    ReplyDelete