Tuesday, September 8, 2009

.6 down

Well, I weighed in on Sunday morning (though I had to move the scale to weigh in and I never know if that messes with it or not) and I lost .6 lbs. It is not the amount that I was hoping for. I was hoping that since I was at home all week and since I did the detox at the beginning of the week (and snuck a peek at the scale) that I would have lost over a pound but it didn't happen. When I look back, I know why it didn't happen. I went out two nights last week and had about 3 beers each night and I had some very fattening ice cream while my sister was here on Saturday night. It all makes sense and I will just be better about it all this week. I still think that it was good that I lost and didn't gain anything but hopefully in the next couple weeks I can get some more off. I am back on the road next week for the next two weeks so it could be a little harder. The bright side of being on the road is that I don't have to make the food but then again, I don't make the food so it is harder to control what goes into it. I also have become accustomed to eating more fruits and veggies and nuts than previously so I will definitely be making a stop at the grocery store.

Yesterday I had a snack of some Doritos and probably ate more than a serving and my stomach didn't feel good afterward. That is a good sign to me. That means that my eating habits are starting to adjust and my stomach (and body) recognize when I give it junk food and it makes me feel yucky (which it should). Hopefully this will continue. I can take the .6lbs at a time as long as it keeps going down each week. Eventually I will get there...even if it takes me 6 months and that is all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. I'm like you, a loss is a loss, so that's good. Do you still use your heart rate monitor? I started thinking about getting one the other day.

    ReplyDelete