Monday, September 21, 2009

Thoroughly Frustrated

That is how I feel right now. I was not able to weigh in yesterday morning because I was still at the beach so I had do it this morning and I had gained another pound. WTF? I didn't do great this weekend at the beach (had 2 hamburgers and some mac n' cheese) but during the week I was really careful and I felt like I made better decisions than I have other weeks when my weight stayed the same. This helped me to decide that I really think that I need to post the points I eat everyday or something.

I think that the reason that I am frustrated is because I have never had this problem before. Usually if I decide to eat healthier then I tend to lose weight. Now, I feel like I make much healthier choices than I did a few months ago and I lost a couple of pounds and then it seems to be coming back. I am not sure why that is. I am not perfect on the diet but I have never been perfect before and I have always lost weight. It is a bit discouraging for me and it makes it a little hard to concentrate on it going forward. Maybe posting the points here will help me, maybe not but I am going to keep trying and hope that this is just a bump in the road.....

I am thinking about trying to read the message boards a little more on the weight watchers website. I just don't want to eat a lot of the processed food that people use with ww so I need to figure that out a bit.

2 comments:

  1. oh, I'm sorry! I know that sucks.

    Have you thought about cutting or seriously limiting breads, grains, and sugar? If I am ever feeling stuck I cut these and see immediate results.

    Btw, you forgot to mention the beer/wine we drank and ice cream!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are right, I meant to add in the ice cream but forgot. I did have a couple glasses of wine and I only had one beer all weekend...I didn't order any at any meals and only had that one 100 cal one. The ice cream I should have definitely left out cause I wasn't that hungry for it and then it wasn't that good. C had a banana split last night (which I picked up at Friendly's for him) and I didn't have any so that was a small victory.

    I don't eat that many grains (did this weekend but not the rest of the week) so I will try to limit that to see if I can jump start.

    I have never had trouble though once I start eating healthy...it really sucks because I definitely eat better and it doesn't seem to matter :-(

    ReplyDelete