Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Good Choices

I feel like this week I have made good choices so I wanted to share a few with you guys:

1. I love the pumpkin spice latte but when I looked it up it is 4 pts more than my normal latte so I only had it one day this week. Everything in moderation.
2. Yesterday the auction had lunch brought in....pizza and subway sandwiches. I chose the turkey sandwich from Subway and just got a tiny piece of pizza and took a couple bites just to get a little taste but so I didn't eat too much.
3. I have made sure to snack on fruit twice a day instead of something that is bad for me. It helps to get in some of my 5 servings that I need a day and keeps me from eating anything that isn't good for me.
4. Today I had a grilled chicken breast, salad (oil and vinegar dressing), and a potato with only a touch of butter (less than one of those small containers they give you at the restaurant).
5. Tonight I had snap peas and teriyaki chicken/steak/shrimp skewer.
6. Worked out last night in order to earn 4pts....that is a first in a long time.

Not bad for being on the road. I did have ice cream once but I planned it into the day so it wasn't bad.

I am feeling pretty good about my eating this week. Still need to drink more water and less diet coke...why is that such a battle when it never used to be. I must need to go cold turkey or limit it somehow but they just constantly fill up your glass at restaurants. I am considering only drinking water at restaurants and then maybe getting a can out of the vending machine or something if I want some diet coke...that way I know exactly how much I am drinking. Hopefully I can keep it up for a while and see some results on the scale. It looks like I might have to travel a lot more so I definitely need to get it down for travel :-)

1 comment:

  1. I would kill a man for some latte, a bite of pizza, a taste of any kind of ice cream, and most of all for some BUTTER!!! :)

    Sounds like you had a pretty good week, especially being on the road.

    Good luck while you're at the beach!

    ReplyDelete