Sunday, September 13, 2009

Uh Oh, up a pound

Sadly, I am up a pound this week. I am sad by it but not surprised by it. Part of losing weight is knowing where your weaknesses are and dealing with them. Now, this might be too much info for some people but it is something that a part of life so hopefully everyone can be mature about it or just don't read this post. I want to be as realistic as I can with all of this.

Anyway, this week I lost a little bit of control over my cravings. This happens about once a month and even though I know I am doing it, I just have a really hard time stopping it. After a couple of months of healthy eating it gets much easier but only being a month in, I gave in. I didn't eat as much as in prior months when I completely gave in but I did have ice cream a couple times and more Reese's that I should have (and with my sister here last Sunday I had smores and pizza and stuff). I definitely didn't eat enough to gain a pound though and actually exercised and mostly stayed in my points. I think that the 1 pound is due to me just being a girl and the fact that for the last 15-17 years I tend to gain about 2 lbs once a month. It is just a symptom that I get with all the loveliness. I really hope that it why the pound showed up this week but I guess we will find out next week.

Today is the start of my next week and I have a few challenges this week. I am leaving town EARLY tomorrow to go out of town for the week for work and then to spend a few days at the beach with the girls. I am going to try to be really good with my eating and exercising all week so I can really enjoy my time with the girls without having to worry too much about what I am eating. I am not going to go crazy and eat chips and soda all day but a few beers and maybe some desserts with dinner would be nice. I am working with another guy out of town which tends to give me problems because we all go to lunch and sometimes dinner together so I don't always get to pick the place. Also, I have to be ready to eat when they are so it is not always the best for working out but I am committed to working out this week. I want to earn at least 3 Activity points a day! Wish my luck.

As for today...I went to the gym this morning and got about 3 pts and now Craig and I are about to go on a bike ride so that will be probably another 5-6 pts or so! YAY! Starting off the week really well!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck this week.

    Brace yourself for the worst sleeping beds in Myrtle Beach. When Kim and I go back in November I'm gonna bring our pillow top bed thing with us. Try to eat at The Parson's Table (pretty good, but a little expensive) & SeaBlue is supposed to be pretty good to. There was another place that was supposed to be a great local fish place but I forgot the name of it. It looked scary the first time we went by (only one car in the lot) but I went by later and it was packed. If I can remember the name I'll pass it along.

    ReplyDelete